Thursday, August 24, 2006

In an election year...

... If it moves hire it, if it doesn't pave it"

That is one of my favourite political proverbs and, though I haven't hear of any mass hiring, I couldn't find a back road in Victoria County that didn't have at least some patching work done and, as I type, I am sitting stopped in my car on the TransCanada south of Nackawic where traffic in the southbound lane is completely stopped due to construction.

In other Upper St. John Valley news the Tories are way ahead in the sign game. While Chris McLaughlin (Victoria-Tobique), Dale Graham (king of Carleton), David Alward (Woodstock) and Carl Urquhart (York) have their signs all over public property, I have only seen one Liberal sign (outside of in the windows of campaign offices) at that was of Ronald Ouellette (Grand Falls-Drummond-St. Andre).

The Tory signs are a bit cluttered on a white background, they have a large candidate photo, name if large font, riding in large font, campaign slogan, PC Team Lord logo and pcnb.org.

The Liberal signs are pretty simple, just candidate photo, party logo and cnadidate name.

I guess it is no surprise the Tories are ahead in getting their signs printed and up - they new the election was coming for longer annd had all of their candidates nominated by election call while the Liberals are still (or at least were until yesterday) nominating candidates.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are lot of signs for Bernard Lord all around the province but he cannot see. Those signs say, "Go away Bernie. We had enough."

Unknown said...

Interesting observations. How do you think the web sites compare? The Liberals seem to be way ahead on that front.

Anonymous said...

It's my first time on this site and I'm so disapointed to see what people are thinking about Mr. Lord. Personally, I had an experience with Mr. Graham while I was out in the clubs in Fredericton. You just couldn't imagine. I would like to tell the whole province... But take my words: If you'd like your new PREMIER to be as IMMATURE and as IRRESPONSIBLE as I saw Mr. Graham that night, good luck to our province for the next 4 years or so ! That is not the kind of person I want to choose to be the leader of MY PROVINCE. Bernard Lord has done an amazing job. People will always complain... and will never be satisfied. Peeps of New-Brunswick, your vote is very important to the province and the people living in it. BE CAREFUL

Anonymous said...

autism reality nb: I blogged about that, the other day, but yes I think the liberal website is the best of the bunch.

Anonymous said...

Cindy M:
Is Bernard Lord winning?
Yeah, Right

Unknown said...

lisa r: I will read your blog on that. Thanks. It seems odd that any party today would not pay more attention to their web site. Especially once the campaign is well under way.

Anonymous said...

anonymous:

We'll see who'll laugh at the end of the elections...lol.. !! If you think Shawn Graham will win.. BullShit..! I believe people of New Brunswick will make a better choice... Shawn Graham should have never go into politics... it's just not his place ! Plus, I heard he called the guy who's going against him in the Kent County to tell him what the hell he was doing by going against him just because it is a non-educated man. What the hell?.. Is that the way a leader is suppose to behave ? I don't think so... ! By being Percy Mockler's daughter, I think I know how good politicians are suppose to behave.. and that is, like i said tomorow, so IMMATURE... Poor Shawny !! hahah

Anonymous said...

There is no way Percy Mockler can loose that riding!! Especially with the acking of Jean Paul Savoie. Yes, M. Savoie is a loose cannon to some extent but alas, in northern NB, electors like to be on the government side and the trend we see here is that the Tories will win.

I do not vote there but Greg Davis has pretty much won Campbellton (in spite of the fact the Liberals attempted to ditch their MLA - Roy Boudreau, ill with heart problems. How compassionate!!) and some of the feelings from the neighbouring ridings have been felt in the next one.

Mr. Mockler will win!