Monday, December 11, 2006

Jean Chrétien in Twenty-Ten?

As I was mentioning in my earlier post about my experience at the leadership convention, I mentioned how much I enjoyed Jean Chrétien's remarks and wanted to draft him as leader.

Maclean's online has a humourous story today about potential Dion successors. As a former Kennedy supporter, I have been advised very strongly by Gerard that he will not tolerate any support of anyone but the leader, so backing Kennedy in the hypothetical match up is not an option.

Here are the candidates that Maclean's proposes:

  • Gerard Kennedy

  • Justin Trudeau

  • Martin Cauchon

  • Mark Holland

  • Martha Hall Findlay

  • Belinda Stronach

  • Michael Ignatieff

  • Dalton McGuinty

  • Scott Brison

  • Brian Tobin

  • Jean Chrétien

Israel has had relative success in its practice of reaching back to the past to bring former prime ministers and senior ministers to the forefront of politics after retirement in their 70s and 80s. In 2010, Mr. Chrétien will be only 76. I would have a hard time not backing him, actually I am tempted to buy draftchretien.ca right now!

3 comments:

Spinks said...

You're kidding right nbpolitico?

nbpolitico said...

Mostly.

Anonymous said...

Kenneth Whyte's just sticking his neo-con beak
into what discord he can find in the Liberal camp.
Maclean's is the NatPost in mag drag. Much better looking than before, more interesting, but now with the meanies spinning the pitch.